Chief Marketing Officer, IBM India & South Asia
Deepali is responsible for driving all marketing and brand initiatives, customer relationship management & execution for IBM India and South Asia. Prior to joining IBM in 2018, Deepali was both the CMO and the CDO at IIFL Investment Managers and was a Board Member at IIFL Wealth Finance. She has held leadership positions with L&T Financial Services Group & HSBC Asset Management. In her younger years she has worked with Tata Motors, BPL Mobile, Draft FCB-Ulka and was the Marketing Manager for Saffola and Mediker at Marico.
With over two decades of experience in sales, marketing, ecommerce and managing P&L, Deepali is especially known for her Digital Business Acumen and running Operations for Digital Sales
• As the CMO for a holiday company, apart from her marketing responsibilities, she was independently responsible for Online Inventory sales. Through a unique model she developed with ecosystem partners, the revenues saw exponential growth. And thanks to her bringing in innovation in weekly dynamic pricing, the gross margins grew too. And for the main stay timeshare business, within the first year, the cost of Sale for Digitally Referred Business came down to a fraction while the volume contribution doubled.
• At L&T Insurance, as Head of the D2C (Direct to consumer) Channel with P&L responsibility, she set up the e-portal and the call-centre based sales team. This included managing key B2B relationships with online aggregators. The business within a year was contributing in double digits to the topline of retail Health and Auto insurance new sales
She is widely known for her leadership and collaboration skills which come of great use when she manages multiple portfolios and matrix relationships. Her entrepreneurship skills are legendary as she has navigated cultures both at Start-ups and Established MNCs and Indian Companies.
She has won many awards over the years and has been on the IMPACT's list of India's 50 Most Influential Women three years in a row, has been on the IAMAI’s CMO Super 30 list in 2019 & 2020. She has also been awarded Economic Times Tech CMO of the Year honor in 2020. She has also been featured in the list of IMPACT’s Digital Power 100 – Marketing leaders 2020.
Deepali also runs a podcast on aawaz.com. She is the first Indian woman podcaster in the mainstream leadership/business domain where she chronicles the leadership and transformation journeys of acclaimed CEOs through her podcast “Being CEO with Deepali Naair”. The episode can be accessed on https://www.aawaz.com/en/listen/being-ceo-with-deepali-naair/. This podcast was the top selling show within weeks of its launch and has won an award for Best Business Content in Radio & Podcast category.
Social Media handle and profile links.
1. Twitter - @deepalinaair | https://twitter.com/deepalinaair?lang=en
2. LinkedIN - https://www.linkedin.com/in/deepalinaair/
3. Instagram - @deepalinaair | https://instagram.com/deepalinaair?igshid=1nj4ob385yone
4. Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/deepalinaair