Headquartered in Chennai, the INR 381 Billion (2019-20) Murugappa Group is one of the India’s leading Business Conglomerates.
Market leaders in diverse areas of Businesses including Engineering, Abrasives, Finance, General Insurance, Cycles, Sugar, Farm Inputs, Fertilisers, manufacturing facilities spread across 13 states in India.
The Organisation fosters an environment of professionalism and has a workforce of over 51,000 employees.
From a humble beginning under its parent company E.I.D. Parry (India) Ltd at Ranipet, Coromandel has orchestrated its journey to become a trusted partner for farmers. Coromandel International Limited, established in 1961 is the flagship company of the INR 381 Billion Murugappa Group , contributing to 35% of the group turnover.
Today, Coromandel is amongst India’s pioneers and leading Agri solutions provider, offering diverse products and services across the farming value chain. It operates in two major segments: Nutrient and other allied businesses and Crop Protection. These include Fertiliser, Crop Protection, Bio pesticides, Specialty Nutrients and Organic compost businesses.. Coromandel manufactures a wide range of fertilisers and markets around 4.5 million tons, making it a leader in its addressable markets and the second largest phosphatic fertiliser player in India.
The Company clocked a turnover of INR 13,155 Crores during FY 2019-20. Coromandel was ranked among the top 20 best companies to work for by Business Today and was also voted as one of the ten greenest companies in India by TERI, reflecting its commitment to the environment and society.
The Company’s Crop Protection products are marketed in India as well as in international geographies, offering wide range of technical and formulation products. The Specialty Nutrients business of the Company focuses on water soluble fertiliser, sulphur & micronutrients. The Company is leading marketer of Organic fertiliser in India and has recently added bio pesticide solutions to its portfolio. It also operates a network of around 750 rural retail outlets across Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka and Maharashtra. Through these Retail outlets, the Company offers farming services including crop advisory, soil testing and insurance to around 3 million farmers.
The Company has 16 manufacturing facilities, producing wide range of Nutrient and Crop Protection products, which are marketed through an extensive network of dealers, institutional customers its own retail centres. With its value-added services, customised crop solutions. farmer connect and technology focus, Coromandel is well positioned to shape the future of Indian agriculture.
Vision of Coromandel:
To be the leaders in Farm Solutions business in the geography of choice, consistently delivering superior value to stakeholders through highly engaged employees, with a strong commitment towards sustainability and our values.
Mission of Coromandel:
To enhance the prosperity of farmers through quality farm solutions with sustainable value for all stakeholders.
Coromandel Business Offerings:
- 16% market share
- Strong presence in South, East and West India
- Specilaity Nutrients:
- Crop specific solution
- Market leader in water soluble fertiliser
- Largest Organic marketer in India
- Wide range of products
- Crop Protection:
- Presence in 81 countries
- 1000 + product registrations
- New products and combination focus
- India’s largest Agri retail chain
- One-stop-shop for Agri requirements
- 3 million+ farmers direct beneficiaries
- 1 Azadirachtin manufacturing facility in the world
- Global organic certifications – DNV and IMO
Our Value Proposition:
- Leading Player in Agri Input Solutions:
- 1 Private Phosphatic fertiliser player in India
- 5th Largest Indian Crop protection company in India
- 1 Single Super Phosphate (SSP) company in India
- 1 Neem based Bio pesticide manufacturer globally
- 1 Organic fertiliser marketer in India
Wide reach and exposure:
- 20,000 + dealers
- Approx, 750 Largest Agri retail chain in India
- 3 million Direct connect with farmers
- Approx 81 Presence in countries with Crop Protection products
- Integrated Manufacturing
- 16 Manufacturing facilities
- 7 State of the art R&D laboratories
- 5 million tonnes Manufacturing capacity per annum for fertilisers
- 80,000 + tonnes Manufacturing capacity per annum for Corp protection
- Diversified Product Portfolio:
- Fertiliser: 13 different Products
- SND: Wide range of products
- Bio & Organic: Large number of products offering
- CPC: 60+ brand Based Product portfolio
- Retail: One stop solution for ‘Seed to harvest’ requirements
- Winning Collaborations:
- Shell, Japan- Slow release nutrient technology
- Research tie-ups- IIT Kharagpur, PAU, TNAU, CROs
- TIFERT, Foskor- Strategic Investment for phosphoric acid sourcing
- Yanmar, Japan- Farm mechanisation JV
- IIT Bombay Monash University- Research collaboration in nutrient technology
- Sourcing tie-ups- Tie-ups for key raw materials with suppliers
Coromandel understands the responsibilities it carries towards empowering the farming community. At Coromandel, we have been at the forefront of shaping Indian agriculture for more than five decades and will continue to support and pioneer changes to embrace technology and drive productivity to attain farmer prosperity.
Our strong R&D team, including scientists and agronomists, has been analysing soil, weather, and crop data through various new-age technologies to empower the farmers with predictive farming skills.
As a leading Agri solutions provider, we are constantly analysing opportunities in agriculture space and working towards developing technologically superior farm solutions to meet customer expectations.
The Spirit of Murugappa Group:
At Murugappa, five lights guide us as we navigate through professional and personal decisions.
- The light of Integrity : Gives us the courage to always do the right thing
- The light of Responsibility: Gives us the humility to think about the world around us
- The light of Respect: Inspires us to perform
- The light of Quality: Makes us dream of excellence
- The light of Passion: Provides us the desire to win
Company website: https://coromandel.biz/